Take a Boating Safety Course Online
Basic Boating Safety – all of the information is free.
Coastal Navigation Course
Combination home study text/workbook, chart work and online information and discussion. View details . We are very pleased to announce that this course has been chosen for use as a textbook by the Faculty of Maritime Studies at Vestfold College, Tonsberg, Norway.
- How to use parallel rulers
- How to use dividers
- Do you need a captain’s license? What is a ‘passenger for hire’?
- Navigation Lights – Is your boat legal?
- Documenting Your Boat – The FAQs
- More – Boating Articles Archives
- Maps and charts are flat. Our planet is round. How’d they do that?
- Play Life jacket TIC-TAC-TOE
- What does ‘pounds of buoyancy’ mean when referring to life jackets?
- More for BoatSafe Kids
Visit our Ship’s Store for nautical items.
Skipper’s Onboard Source – The information you need to know – Take it with you!
Boating Quizzes – Test Your Knowledge
Advanced Boating Quizzes from the U.S. Coast Guard database of questions used to prepare the exams for a U.S. Coast Guard captain’s license .