asks, "If you had to choose the 5 most important tips for a first-time sailor, what
would they be?
|Great question Ashley. If I were to
choose the 5 most important tips they would be:
- Always wear your life jacket when underway.
- Make sure you file a float plan with a
responsible adult so they know where you are going and when you should return.
- Study and know the rules of the road so you
are aware of which boat has the right of way.
- Keep a good look out for other boats. Even
if you know the rules others may not, so you have to operate defensively.
- Always operate at a safe speed, at a safe
distance from the shore and other boats, and in a responsible manner.
Back to The Home
Copyright ©1998/2009 Nautical Know How, Inc.